Thursday, November 15, 2007

help me name this song

I need your help naming this song... The lyrics are below. Give it a listen and if you have any ideas, leave a comment or email me at matthew[at]matthewblakemusic.com. Thanks for your help!



UNTITLED
Take it to the mirror
Where maybe things are clearer
And the faces looking back at you
Don't tell a lie
You think that you have lost her
And you can't refuse the offer
When a man wearing a halo
Looks you square in the eye
Square in the eye, oh
Square in the eye

You said you're on a journey
And you will not be returning
To the wasteland where the skeptics
Hung you out to dry
You said it left you reeling
Well, I recall the feeling
If you want to hit the road
I'm happy to oblige
Happy to oblige

Oh, I, I had no letter to write
'Cause all my letters were light
Sprouted wings and took to flight
With the words right from my skin

I was learning about heaven
When I was only seven
If you wanna get a spot,
You got a lot to hide
I must've learned my lesson
Now I'm always second-guessin'
But it's better than the bullshit
That I used to buy
I used to buy

Oh, I, I had no letter to write
'Cause all my letters were light
Sprouted wings and took to flight
With the words right from my skin

Oh, I, I still want to believe
It might be naive
But I will hold my breath
And wait and see

Oh I, I got the letters you sent
Wondering where I went
I'll have a say in how my life is spent
With the words right on my skin

-copyright 2007 Matthew Blake Music

3 Comments:

  1. Lapis said...
    Dunno why, but for some reason the phrase "Faerie Tale Theater" is stuck in my head when I read this.

    Eh, for what it's worth...
    Miles said...
    Matchoo, I would say something simple, like "Letters."
    Miles said...
    unfortunately, no New Years in SD this year...the PTO was forbidden weeks ago. It stinks not having a backup for your position. What happens if I get sick?

Post a Comment