Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Snowiest, Tahoe-iest Trip Ever

President's Day weekend I ventured up to Reno/Tahoe with my roommate and another friend to see old stomping ground and my pals up north. My travel mates had not yet been to Tahoe, so the goal was to educate them experientially while enjoying a relaxing three day weekend in America's Adventure Place. But after spending 38 hours in the car, and most of that in life-threatening snowstorms, avoiding collisions with other motorists, siderails, and mountain lions, I've decided it was, logistically, the worst trip I've ever taken. Relationally, can't complain - we had a great time with each other. And my friend Becky made some of the best meals I've had in recent months. So it was still worth it. But after broken chains, bumper-to-bumper traffic that turned a 2 hour voyage from Sac to Reno into 7 hours, various closed roads, unplowed highways with 2 inches of snow sitting on them, the densest fog I've ever had to crawl through at snailish speeds, and only being able to see about 8 inches of one of the world's most beautiful lakes - well, let's just say I won't be doing road trips through the Sierras in February anymore.


1 Comment:

  1. Rob Woods said...
    Missed ya! But at least you had fun in the snow!

Post a Comment